Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 8th-10th Kadlec, Mom, Meghan and brothers

 It has been quite a whirlwind of ups and downs which I pray will soon end.

Gracie is getting better at Kadlec Hospital
Friday October 8th-


Gracie was put back into an isolette to keep her heat. This is good because she was moved off of the warming table...aka...surgery or procedure table. I've grown to not like these tables. If I left and came back with her on one, I knew there was something wrong. I was so glad to see her progress to an isolette again. No feeds as of yet. Still waiting for her 10 days of no feeds to end. She is appearing to be getting better.


Saturday October 9th-
Thank you Lisa P. for an adorable, hand knit flower hat. Such incredible talent. Your hats are so very soft and I love the cotton! I love the flower added to the front. 




Her head has been covered with such love from many hats by many friends! 


We were saying that with her IV on the top of her head and not wanting to squish it, she looked like Queen Elisabeth. It was so nice to laugh about something. :)  It's these fun little packages of love and thought and prayers that line each day with sunshine and hope. She is going to grow and fill this hat someday.


I love how all the nurses love and cuddle Grace...and even occasionally jokingly argue over who gets to care for "little Grace". This nurse won that day. **Smile**


Sunday October 10th-
The greatest change happened health wise and Grace is doing well enough to try something new, even if she was once in an open crib before, it was so great to advance. Grace graduated to the open crib again. YAY! 


Next came her first colorful mobile. She loved it! 
All tuckered out after play time


Sister Meghan visited all day. Super girls time. Meghan and I had such fun.
 During "nap time" Meghan found that rolling office chairs were suitable to sleep in. LOL. Funny kid. She kept me laughing. 

Gracie's head IV infiltrated while I was gone for half an hour so another IV was placed very close to the old site.


This cute little angel, thanks Hannah U., has been looking over Gracie since she got sick this time. It is the Angel of Miracles. Fitting huh? I love the baby bird she is holding. Grace has been as fragile as this little baby bird. Angels are all around my little baby bird, Gracie.

Great picture taking, Meghan!
Another great nurse! Tiffany helped us so much!


When I went home that evening, big brothers Tyler, Brandon and Samuel were goofing around. Sumo wrestler Tyler ended up carrying Samuel strapped in. I wonder if Sumo wrestlers ever used their straps for this purpose. Maybe Tyler should paten this idea! It was hilarious.


Tomorrow is the big day for Gracie's GI contrast study.

No comments:

Post a Comment