Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 12 2.5 pounds

                           Good Morning,
                          Merry Sunshine!
This was little Gracie this morning with the light streaming
 through the window. Good morning, Little Grace!
This is how I found Gracie yesterday morning getting the
 last few zzz's before touch time. One leg in and one leg out
.

Today I got to sleep in until 8:10 a.m. Have you ever needed just a little more time to cap off the night's sleep? It felt so good. It is cool and cloudy today so I'm looking to little Gracie to brighten the day. It worked!! As soon as I saw her all snuggled, warm and peaceful, she did exactly that. Her weight gain over the past couple days has been contributed by the Endocin meds. They say she will be losing weight after she comes off of the Endocin. Her urine output is twice the amount it has been. I'm hoping, instead of losing, she'll just stabilize. It's worry-some and concerning when she drops a bunch of weight.
Just a size comparison for width and length of leg.

I got to hold little Gracie for the second time since she was born. It was great! It was so fun to feel her move around on top of me...like she was still part of me. She held my finger for most of one hour. There is something oh so sweet about having your chin, cheeks and lips on a new baby's head, especially with such soft hair. They just smell so good and she hasn't even had a Johnson's baby bath yet. I put my wedding ring on her hand today but didn't have my camera...good things to come, right?
Holding my little Gracie for the second time.


Little Grace was swaddled for the first time today using a very small receiving blanket.  Usually they wait until her temperature probe is off so the monitors don't go all wacky. So they turned off her temp probe for a spell to see if she could keep her temp. The last time I called the NICU, at 11 p.m. tonight, they told me she was doing great with keeping her temp. They lowered the temp in her isolette and unswaddled her as she was too hot. This is a good thing! I'm so excited for her. Any advances I embrace and celebrate with her. Go Gracie Go!! Haven't heard anything back from the cardiologist about her echo-cardiogram today.

Getting put back into the isolette after holding time.
Starting to get swaddled for the first time

Little Gracie getting swaddled with a very tiny receiving
blanket for the first time.



1 comment:

  1. We are lifting you up to Our Father, Little Grace, and you are causing many to look to Our Father. You truly are a blessing and your mommy is a brave soul. Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete