Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 11 2.4 pounds

Today was pretty uneventful with Gracie. She has now received three doses of Endocin & will get another echo-cardiogram tomorrow to see if the PDA in her heart has closed.
I received such a WONDERFUL surprise in the mail from all the primary children and sisters at my church. First I was so thrilled to have MAIL in my mailbox at my little apartment, then to see that it was from Richland, WA and finally to be totally blown away at the love I saw inside. LOTS of beautiful drawings and love messages from children & heart felt letters of encouragement from my friends, a beautiful pink knit baby hat for Gracie from Peggy N. & 2 very CUTE preemie outfits from Missy S. I took the hat over to the hospital and put it on little Gracie and, aww, she looked so adorable. Thank you! I feel like she is wearing love from all of you and I'm seeing love all around me. WOW, I FEEL LOVED!! I now have love hanging all over my walls. I cried when I read the notes and saw all the pictures the children drew. What thoughtful things were said. I bet they didn't know that their notes of love would end up as wallpaper! I love looking at them.
Get a load of this...I ordered a great gourmet pizza for dinner last night. Oh yeah, it was good. It was half lamb with olive oil and some kind of greek cheese, and the other side was chicken cordon-bleu. I have yet to try the chicken side as one slice was huge and all I could eat. Yummy and apartment delivery...awesome. Only the second time I've had something to eat that wasn't hospital food or grocery store food for over a month!
This is a very big request for everyone who sees this blog... Please pray for some friends of ours, the Ostrowsky's. They were in a head on collision this past Sunday night. They need lots of prayers for healing with Dan, he has a crushed pelvis, Kristi who has a broken wrist and damaged elbow and knee. Also for their children through this difficult time of recovery. I heard that Kristi pulled Dan, who was unconscious from their burning car. She is another hero of mine. It is a miracle that they survived. Thank you for including them in your prayers! We need each other so very much in this world. Through powerfully wonderful celebrations to sobering, knee dropping, humbling situations. Thank you for being there! I love you and so does Grace!

2 comments: