Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 14 Family & Daddy visits with Gracie


My family was able to finally come up to visit after 1 1/2 weeks on Friday! What a very long time to be without my little chickies and rooster! :) After 3 1/2 hours of driving...they arrived!
Here they come!!
Meghan and Joseph riding on the luggage
cart with daddy pushing.

It was such a great sight to see them walking down the hall by my apartment. I just love all the hugs and kisses and "I missed mommy soooo much" statements. Ugh, I love them so much it hurts my heart to only see them for short periods of time.They arrived on Friday night and ate a nice picnic dinner provided by Susan B. It was so wonderful to just spend time with my family instead of having to prepare food first, especially since I still can't stand or walk very long because of my incision reopening and needing to heal and close. I'll spare you the details as it is very gross. Anyway, we all ate outside in the courtyard and the big kids played with a few of the little kiddos around the large tree planter. It was a little chilly but very fun.
Picnic time after arrival

Picnic time after arrival
Tyler and Meghan on planter
Joseph kept saying how he missed me allllllll day! Camping out in the living room with sleeping bags and couch cushions...everyone finally got to sleep. After the kids went to bed, John and I went to the hospital to visit little Gracie. I took a few photos with our wedding rings. Our rings look the same, mine went on her hand and John's went on her foot. John was able to touch his daughter for the first time ever. 
Daddy and Gracie
Mommy's wedding ring on Gracies hand
Daddy and Gracie-first touch
Daddy & daughter- Daddy's wedding ring on Grace's foot.
Daddy and daughter- first touch
Daddy and Gracie


On Saturday, we visited Grace as a family and all the siblings were able to see her. They just loved it as did I. We were reunited as a family. Sunday we went to church, Seattle 1st ward. It was a very nice ward. On the 5th Sundays they do potlucks to converse and bring visitors. It was very nice to meet new people and hear the testimony's during Relief Society. It was the most diverse group of sisters I think I've ever seen. Lots of beautiful accents in voices as they were from all over. It was a great thing to have a potluck...such a wonderful time to just relax and spend time with family and new found friends. By the way, I've never had Sacrament bread that tasted so great! It was like pretzels. Sweet and soft...I'd like to get that recipe! Sunday went by way to fast for me, knowing that they were heading back home soon.

1 comment:

  1. Such love and sweetness is shown through all these recently added pictures. Especially touching are the ones of the children meeting Gracie. Brings tears....
    Praying for you and Gracie always
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete