Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 17 2.8 pounds



Beautiful flowering plants from Missy S.
They brighten my apartment every day

It is the day after surgery and all is well. Still on full respirator, pain meds, oxygen...no changes as of yesterday. We'll have to wait to see how long it will take her to start accepting the new blood flow in her heart. She has gained 8 ounces in fluids. She was puffy when I saw her today. They say it'll take a few days to pee off fluids. She also gained some from her blood transfusion. Every little thing changes their weight. Even her going back onto the respirator weighs some with the tubes. Amazing. Her weight will be going down over the next couple of days as her body sheds the fluid.
While I'm waiting for her body to work better, I thought I could reflect on the past 5 weeks. My first thought leads me to reflecting on all the caring people who have blessed Grace's and my life. Nurses, Doctors, Friends, Family, and New NICU families who hang out together in the family room at the hospital. I've captured some of them with pictures but many haven't been here in person. Please know I love you and how special each and every one of you are. Phone calls, prayers in person and written, fasting with your family, emails, facebook comments, visits, blessings given to Gracie and myself, new wards and friendships on Sundays, blog comments, cards sent in the mail, presents sent for Gracie in the mail, beautiful flowers, letters of encouragement, smiles, hugs, caring touches, food brought to my apartment, and much more!
My second thought is how I could ever survive without all these things. Each one holds a very special place in my heart as each one touches me very differently. Some days I need a touch of encouragement, another day a warm meal would save me from being overwhelmed, others yet I needed to hear a friends voice of encouragement over the phone. The world keeps going, my family keeps needing things, school keeps going, kids keep growing, friends keep having things happen (i.e. babies being born, surgeries, county fairs, school starts, etc). It is amazing that when your world stops like this, you just sort of think it does for others too. The thing that helps the most is hearing about all the things everyone is doing because it gives me a sense of normalcy to my strange new life. Thank you! I love hearing what is going on in all of your lives, boy does it ever help.

                                                   Goodbye is so hard to say when visitors
                                                           leave, so this song has eased
                                                                 that transition for me:
                              



  1. God be with you till we meet again,
    By His counsels guide, uphold you,
    With His sheep securely fold you,
    God be with you till we meet again.

    • Refrain:
      Till we meet, till we meet,
      Till we meet at Jesus’ feet;
      Till we meet, till we meet,
      God be with you till we meet again.
  2. God be with you till we meet again,
    ’Neath His wings securely hide you,
    Daily manna still provide you,
    God be with you till we meet again.
  3. God be with you till we meet again,
    When life’s perils thick confound you,
    Put His arms unfailing round you,
    God be with you till we meet again.
  4. God be with you till we meet again,
    Keep love’s banner floating o’er you,
    Smite death’s threat’ning wave before you,
    God be with you till we meet again.


                     Did you know... Goodbye means God be with you

What wonderful friends have come to warm my days here in the hospital. They are all so dear to my heart. It is a long three and a half hour jog from Richland and I so very much appreciate the time spent together. Not to mention all the friends who came to visit during the one and a half weeks I was hospitalized at Kadlec Hospital in Richland.There are others I didn't get pictures of, sadly. I guess you'll have to come back! :)
Dear, dear Diane B.
Joyful JJ M.
Gracie's wonderful nurse Deb. She makes it so much better
in the NICU. This picture was taken the day after she was born.
Marvelous Missy S.
One of many awesome nurses in the Ante-Partum area of Swedish.
Jubilant Julie P.
Hilarious Hannah U.
Spiritual Stephen M.
He has given both Gracie and I blessings. He's awesome!
My beautiful family visiting will always make my day brighter! We are so very blessed to have Gracie come into our family. I can't wait for her to grow and get to know all her siblings. We all love you little Gracie! 
Katie with Gracie for the first time
Lauren seeing Gracie for the first time
Joseph visiting with Grace for the first time
John showing Gracie to Samuel for the first time
Emily and baby Gracie together for the first time
Mommy and Gracie
John and Gracie for the first time
Meghan and Grace for the first time
Tyler and Grace for the first time
Brandon and sister Grace meeting 

1 comment:

  1. Such love and sweetness is shown through all these recently added pictures. Especially touching are the ones of the children meeting Gracie. Brings tears....
    Praying for you and Gracie, continually.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete