Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 18 2.7 pounds

Meghan capturing her sister on camera

Wow! Gracie is doing SO much better. Her oxygen levels are down, her respirator levels are down, her pain meds are down, she started her 1/2 teaspoon breastmilk over a four hour period, she is regulating her temperature more, she is waking up and breathing more on her own and she has had only 4...yes only FOUR episodes all day! That is down from pre-surgery levels of 30+ episodes! I'm so impressed with her progress. Can you see why she is my hero? She is jumping over hurdles she was tripping over before. When I was spending time with her today, I really focused on a song we have always sung to our children and found that it applies even to little Gracie. Her needs are very great!

" I am a child of God, and he has sent me here, has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear.
Chorus: Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way, teach me all that I must do to live with him someday.
 I am a child of God and so my needs are great, help me to understand his words before it grows to late.
Chorus
I am a child of God rich blessings are in store, if I but learn to do His will, I'll live with Him once more.
Chorus"
                                                         Little Grace during care time

No comments:

Post a Comment