Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 25 2.13 pounds

(Even though this was posted on Sunday, it is Thursday's posting, just a few days behind)

Gracie is growing, growing, growing....
We are heading to Richland tomorrow!! Kadlec Hospital, here comes Gracie! Yea! I'm so excited to go home, I think I'm going to burst. It's sort of a bitter sweet thought too. I've met wonderful, amazing, caring people here. After a month in the NICU being around all these moms in the same situation, you just love every one of them. We are all in the same boat. Common things...oh yes. Things that nobody understands unless they have had a preemie and/or micro-preemie...oh yes! Shoulders to cry on and laughter to engage in...oh yes! Sweetness of graduating from NICU to a step down unit...oh yes!
John is heading over to pick up Katie and Meghan along with all my things from the apartment and take them home tomorrow. It'll be a great thing to be home.
Finally, the hospital figured out how to get around the "catch 22". Kadlec is going to foot the bill then will go and bill the insurance. That works...not too hard. I'm very pleased to see this work. I don't think I'm going to get too excited though...just in case there is another "hiccup" tomorrow. We'll see...but it looks great for the move tomorrow.
Grace is doing well, still on CPAP, room air oxygen and all her probes, also her PIC line is still in her right arm and her feeding tube is in her mouth. All things considered, she is doing great. She is gaining very fast right now but I think it is because of retaining fluids from her massive intake through feeds right now. We'll see.
I'll leave you with a picture of Gracie because I know that is the reason why you come to this blog. She steals the show!
This floppy bunny is one of those "drag along" lovies
which toddlers love. It is 12" long and is her monthly
size indicator. As she grows, bunny will get smaller.
Bunny isn't very big at all.

Crazy friends...get scared in the hospital hallways from pictures hanging on the walls...you know who you are...come on...admit it...HANNAH!! I took these for you so you will never forget screaming and turning around and screaming again...boy...don't take Hannah to the hospital...well, actually, they are sort of spooky.
spooky girl in picture on wall
Not so spooky bird but this was directly
across the hall from the spooky girl. Bad
place for it. LOL



Then I got a couple packages in the mail...phew...a day later and I would have been gone! What awesome friends I have! One that dresses little Gracie all in hearts and a blanket to wrap her with love plus a bonus for Gracie...a cute bunny satin lovey tag along, thank you Jan C. 

Another who knows my heart...CHOCOLATE! Isn't that the ultimate stress reducer? That is one thing I haven't had a lot of...chocolate, not stress. Check it out...now don't drool all over your keyboard...but nearly everything has chocolate in it...I can vouch that everything tastes yummy...Thanks Jeneen J.! This has been such a great box to have. Little yummies to pack in my daily bag to the hospital. I only have about 2 months left of hospital days...I think I'll have it made for a while! I've known you for most of my life and you still send me chocolate! Thirty-two years and counting! You send me treats not a straight jacket...how kind!! LOL I love you Jeneen!
Check out this load that came in the mail! What a great gift!
Thank you very much, Jeneen J.!!! Even a book to read!
Oh yeah! check out these yummies!
Even more....CHOCOLATE!!

Then I have an awesome daughter, Meghan, who just shows me so much love. Check out this trinket box she bought me. It even has a little floating red heart inside. I love you Meghan. You just know how to lift me up when I feel down. It has been great having you with me for 2 weeks in Seattle. What a wonderful help you are. Making food, cleaning, laughing, sharing a room to sleep with, a friend to get to the hospital with, a great big sister to your little sisters Katie and Gracie here in Seattle. You are my sunshine. I love you.
Little porcelain trinket box from Meghan
Floating heart inside

1 comment:

  1. The bunny is an excellent idea -- I may steal that idea for Elena!

    ReplyDelete