Thursday, September 30, 2010

Days 43&44 3.10 pounds Open crib...well almost

All settled in...snug as a bug in a rug...
Tuesday started out with the plans to change over to the open crib from the isolette. That is quite a process. Turning down the little bit of heat left in the isolette, slowly, ever so slowly. Layering clothing and blankets until they look like a snowman in Alaska...practically. Check it out!


"Hey, anyone there?"
"Yes, you...is there any snow out there yet? I really want to play."
"I'm patient...I'll wait...
...and wait, and wait."


This process took several hours then the plunge happened. Open crib, here comes Gracie. She is barely, weight wise, big enough to keep her temp so we will see how this goes...
Yes, she is in there, on top of the new rolling cribs. NICE!
While I waited I found my thumb...and
all this time I thought I lost it!!
Oh, yeah, this is good...life is so good!
suck..suck...suck (can't you hear it?)
You'd think with all those blankets it would be warm. 
All tuckered out after a long days work
of trying to keep warm.
but a little chilly...
After many hours she just couldn't stay warm enough. She was 96.6 and she needed to be 97.7-98.3. She didn't pass and even with diligent nurses putting a warm cloth diaper on her back then swaddling her, she was plain not ready. That's o.k. All in Gracies time. She gave it her best. Back into the warm, cozy isolette.


... I have so much to be thankful for...
Now for the feeds...she is still feeding at 35 ml's or cc's. Gracie, (before the nurse could grab the camera and start clicking), looked like she was praying over her food er...bottle. You know how fast babies move, as a new parent there should be a digital camera glued to your forehead before you leave the hospital, in Gracie's case...long before she leaves the hospital. :)
"And Dear Lord, bless this nutritious milk to my little body...
...to grow and get stronger...
...Oh, wait, bless me not to choke and desat. In Jesus' name, Amen."
Thank you Granny for the adorable, handmade 3-4 pound size nightgown. So adorable and fits perfect! The pretty blue blanket is perfect to keep out the bright lights over my isolette when I want to sleep. (not pictured yet)
"Oh, my! Granny, this is so cozy! I love you!"
This gown even has a lead entry from the side. So neat!


1 comment:

  1. See even Gracie wants to be in Alaska. She must know that there is snow on the mountains here. Winter is upon us...
    Sweet pictures.
    Lisa B

    ReplyDelete